Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Model in a Bottle: A love story

I have searched far and wide for a product to help my makeup last all day. A few years ago I tried a setting spray from Cinema Secrets. It was very easy to use. You simply misted your face with the spray, let it dry, and Voila . . . you were ready to go. At first the formulation seemed perfect, but the more I used it, the more I began to notice its imperfections. The spray would feel heavy on my face, and during the application process, instead of spraying out of the bottle as a gentle mist, it shot out like a laser beam. . . you could imagine the danger I put myself in every time I used it. Another issue that came up was the fact that my makeup would look really blotchy anytime I had to touch it up. Not a good look! The idea of a setting spray was appealing, and I wanted it to work, but I found myself back to square one on discovering the perfect product that would help my makeup last all day.  
It's a 2oz bottle, and it holds over 300 sprays per bottle. With camera flash. 

You can see the packaging a bit better in this one. Without camera flash.
It was not long after that I crossed paths with perfection. Every year I go to IMATS Los Angeles, and if my memory serves me correctly (I usually like to add a little drama & pizazz to a story) this is how I was introduced to Model in a Bottle. I was walking down an aisle at the convention aimlessly and as I looked up past some vendors there was a light beaming on a particular booth and a choir singing right next to it. I thought to myself, "I wonder what that is," and I felt the sudden urge to run over to the warm and captivating booth. As I dashed over to the booth it was like I warped into another world: the world of Model in a Bottle. My outfit was transformed into a beautiful ball gown; my hair and makeup were flawless. I was greeted with a spritz of Model in a Bottle on my face to help my flawless look last all day. As the fine mist landed on my face, it didn’t feel heavy, and it had a lovely scent. So many things were happening all around me; I couldn't help but be fascinated. For example, they served cupcakes that were ZERO calories and other tasty treats and offered champagne that flowed from a fountain. Every person that walked by had flawless makeup that looked like it was freshly applied. I knew it had something to do with the magical spray! Then finally, there it was on the display, Model in a Bottle. Once I had it in my hands I could feel it was special, and it really was! I’ve been using it for the past 2 or 3 years and I’ve never looked back. The real story of my introduction: I walked up to the booth and decided to try it and I fell in love.

This is my makeup at the end of the day. I did NOT touch up. Although, maybe I should have applied at least a little lip color. I did use paper blotters to take some of my shine away. Also, it was a warm day, and it lasted.

My eye makeup didn't crease at all! I did have on more blush, but the flash from my camera washed me out.
What I love about it:
·         Helps my makeup last all day
·         The mist is fine, and settles nicely onto the skin
·         I do touch up, but not nearly as much as I did before I started using it
Tips:
·         If it does happen to leave droplets on your skin, a quick fix is to lightly blend using a tapping motion with a duo fibre brush.
·         Apply it once your makeup is done and your mascara is completely dry and keep your eyes closed when you spray it
·         I usually do about two to four sprays for my whole face
Perfect for:
·        Everyday use
·         Traveling, I always take mine when I travel, it’s a must
·         Weddings or any special occasion
·         Clubs or lounges or just going out
Quick note: I know to some people the scent is strong (it’s a fresh/clean scent), I really like it though. Also, before I forget, if you have sensitive skin they make a sensitive skin formula of Model in a Bottle. If you go to their website they have a list of retailers that sell Model in a Bottle, just type in your zip code. Check it out, Model in a Bottle. If you’ve tried it tell me what you think in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. When using the model in a bottle, it leaves a matte finish when it dries. It also has a fresh pleasant scent that disappears when it is put in place by spray drying. It does not reduce the effectiveness of the SPF does not clog pores. Each bottle gives you approximately 300 sprays. I used two sprays after applying my makeup.

    ReplyDelete