Before I leave the house:
· I wear bright color polishes on my toes and finger nails in the summer; I love a bright pop of color!
· Hair: I have naturally wavy (thin!) hair; after I wash it I add Moroccan Oil to give some shine and let Mother Nature handle the rest. It usually gets wavier at the beach
· Prep my skin (cleanse and moisturize) I like to mix in my SPF with my moisturizer
· Prep my lips: I use the Mary Kay satin lips lip mask. It makes them extra soft and moisturized. Then I apply my chap stick (preferably one with an SPF)
· Add a little base: Tinted moisturizer or Origins VitaZing. A touch of bronzer and a pop of cheek color
· Then I’ll add some definition to my brows, otherwise they look sad
· I prime my eyes and sweep a light color across and coat lashes with some mascara
· A quick swipe of gloss and I’m ready to go!
· Quick note: I know it seems like a lot of steps, but I’m usually done in less than five minutes when I do a quick application
|Colors with a pop! From left to right: island girl in Waikiki Color; Sinful Colors in Frenzy; China Glaze in Pool Party|
|Just an idea for a bright color with an accent nail. I did this as my NOTD in my last post.|
|Gives my hair shine, conditions it and smells great.|
|I use Obagi or Neutrogena as my sunblock and mix it with my moisturizer.|
|I love the Mary Kay Satin Lips, it softens and smoothes my lips. I add chap stick after to keep them moisturized.|
|To even out my skin I'll use Origins VitaZing or Smashbox Cooling tint (I sometimes add a luminator to Smashbox for an extra glow)|
|Bronzer! I love them all! (Right to left: Bourjois Bronzing Powder in 52; Physicians Formula in Light Bronzer; Hourglass in Mirage) at the moment I'm using the Hourglass a lot and it says it's waterproof.|
What I take with me (to the beach) that I’ll need there or to add on to the look for later:
· Travel brushes
· Makeup touch-ups: gloss, blush, powder, chap stick with SPF
· Palette for eyes: to give them a little more definition. Since I prepped my eyes earlier I just add some more definition and I’m ready to go out
· Sunscreen for my body
· WATER: I try to drink a lot of water, especially in the summertime
· Hat or small towel: I don’t like to tan my face, that’s what bronzers are for! And I’ve burned my scalp before and it really hurts!!!
· Face spray: The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist, it feels great and freshens up my skin
· Perfume or body spray: something easy to travel with
|For a pop of color and to touch up with I really like Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in adored or Nyx mosaic blush in #6 Rosey.|
|Too Faced Natural Eye Palette. This is a great palette for light natural look or a dramatic smokey look.|
Products that are always with me especially in the summer: My skin tends to get shiny and sometimes my makeup feels like it might melt away, so I like to touch up throughout the day.
· Blush + brush to apply
· Lipstick and gloss
· Chap stick
· Eye brightener or concealer: if my eyes need to wake up!
I hope you enjoyed reading my summer must-haves and tips. Let me know if you have any other must-haves or tips that you would like to share in the comments below. Thanks!!