Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer/ Beach Essentials

Summer is fast approaching and most of us are getting ready to spend some time at the beach! I don’t always wear makeup to the beach, but sometimes I like to look more polished and put-together when I go. Also, I’ll take some products for a quick application, in case I need to go somewhere after the beach. Here are some of my summer/ beach must-haves and tips.

Before I leave the house:
·         I wear bright color polishes on my toes and finger nails in the summer; I love a bright pop of color!
·         Hair: I have naturally wavy (thin!) hair; after I wash it I add Moroccan Oil to give some shine and let Mother Nature handle the rest. It usually gets wavier at the beach
·         Prep my skin (cleanse and moisturize) I like to mix in my SPF with my moisturizer
·         Prep my lips: I use the Mary Kay satin lips lip mask. It makes them extra soft and moisturized. Then I apply my chap stick (preferably one with an SPF)
·         Add a little base: Tinted moisturizer or Origins VitaZing. A touch of bronzer and a pop of cheek color
·         Then I’ll add some definition to my brows, otherwise they look sad
·         I prime my eyes and sweep a light color across and coat lashes with some mascara
·         A quick swipe of gloss and I’m ready to go!
·         Quick note: I know it seems like a lot of steps, but I’m usually done in less than five minutes when I do a quick application
Colors with a pop! From left to right: island girl in Waikiki Color; Sinful Colors in Frenzy; China Glaze in Pool Party

Just an idea for a bright color with an accent nail. I did this as my NOTD in my last post.

Gives my hair shine, conditions it and smells great.

I use Obagi or Neutrogena as my sunblock and mix it with my moisturizer.

I love the Mary Kay Satin Lips, it softens and smoothes my lips. I add chap stick after to keep them moisturized.

To even out my skin I'll use Origins VitaZing or Smashbox Cooling tint (I sometimes add a luminator to Smashbox for an extra glow)
Bronzer! I love them all! (Right to left: Bourjois Bronzing Powder in 52; Physicians Formula in Light Bronzer; Hourglass in Mirage) at the moment I'm using the Hourglass a lot and it says it's waterproof.
 
What I take with me (to the beach) that I’ll need there or to add on to the look for later:
·         Travel brushes
·         Makeup touch-ups: gloss, blush, powder, chap stick with SPF
·         Palette for eyes: to give them a little more definition. Since I prepped my eyes earlier I just add some more definition and I’m ready to go out
·         Sunscreen for my body
·         Sunglasses
·         WATER: I try to drink a lot of water, especially in the summertime
·         Hat or small towel: I don’t like to tan my face, that’s what bronzers are for! And I’ve burned my scalp before and it really hurts!!!
·         Face spray: The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist, it feels great and freshens up my skin
·         Perfume or body spray: something easy to travel with

For a pop of color and to touch up with I really like Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in adored or Nyx mosaic blush in #6 Rosey.

Too Faced Natural Eye Palette. This is a great palette for light natural look or a dramatic smokey look. 

Products that are always with me especially in the summer: My skin tends to get shiny and sometimes my makeup feels like it might melt away, so I like to touch up throughout the day.
·         Powder
·         Blush + brush to apply
·         Lipstick and gloss
·         Chap stick
·         Eye brightener or concealer: if my eyes need to wake up!
I hope you enjoyed reading my summer must-haves and tips. Let me know if you have any other must-haves or tips that you would like to share in the comments below. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment